What tricks will help to make repairs quickly and without unnecessary trouble
Repair is not only the time of creating and updating a home, but also dust, dirt, constant inconvenience and endless spending. To speed up this process and make it more enjoyable, we will dwell on simple tricks and share useful life hacks.
In the repair process, cement-based compounds are used, with which you also need to be able to work:
- To seal small indentations, add 0.5 parts of gypsum to concrete so that the mortar sets faster;
- For narrow cracks, alabaster diluted with a water-alcohol solution is more suitable, which gives the mixture good plasticity;
- If possible, mix the concrete with a pitchfork, which will avoid unnecessary lumps;
- So that the solution is not too liquid, add water to it gradually and constantly mix;
- For screeds, add plasticizers to the concrete so that it seizes faster and does not become cracked. But, it is better to use self-leveling mixtures.
To quickly and easily achieve a perfectly flat and aesthetic wall surface, you need:
- Before removing the plaster, coat it with paste, let it dry and only then remove it from the wall - this will avoid strong dust;
- To remove oil paint without difficulty, you need to smooth the wall through the foil until the paintwork is completely softened;
- So that the brush does not lose the villi - you need to smear it with any glue;
- To enhance the shade of water-based paint, analytic pigments can be added to it;
- When painting, in order not to smear individual elements, for example, switches, they simply turn around with foil;
- In order to drill the tile without splitting, at the place of the future hole you need to carefully remove the glaze.
Floor repair will be quick if:
- To blunt a nail before hammering it into a floorboard - so it will not crack;
- Lay linoleum in the room for several days, while leaving a margin of about 5 cm on each side - after it lies evenly, fasteners can be made;
- If the floor is covered with wooden parquet, then the skirting boards are attached only to the wall or only to the floor - so the floor finish remains smooth without skew;
- When cutting, the chipboard is wetted with hot water to prevent chips and accelerate the work process.
Do not forget to cover your head and wear closed clothing. Thus, you protect yourself from the harmful effects of building compounds. Also, you will not need to spend time washing away stubborn stains of chemicals from yourself.